Relationships that last forever - Raghavendra Sir

Year 2001-2002: My first job – Sales Engineer @ Festo Controls – Coimbatore branch. I joined Festo Controls in Bangalore @ Internal Sales Engineer. The feeling of having a job in hand was a great feeling. I was transferred to the branch office @ Coimbatore by end of December 2002. I was to report to one Mr. S Raghavendra – Sales Manager. The only saving grace of reporting to Mr. SR was that he was a Kannadiga too.

The initial months under Raghavendra sir was anything but nightmare. I used to get royally jacked in the weekend meetings, where my inefficiency would be pulled up in public glare by Raghavendra sir. I used to daily think of quitting the job and moving back to Bangalore. I had an able ally in Jagadeesan who would comfort me in my times of total strife. The constant jacking got me going. I wanted to prove to Raghavendra sir that I was as good as and maybe better than what he thought of me. My work rate improved and so the results. In no time, the wheel turned a full circle as my order bookings started flowing making me feel proud of myself.

It was sad when Raghavendra sir decided to quit Festo and move to Abu Dhabi for greener pastures. He had instilled in me strong work rate and made me a competent sales person. However, destiny would have its say again. Raghavendra sir decided to extend his helping hand to me. He offered me a job under him @ Esma Industrial Enterprises. I was delighted. Those were the days, I needed more money to support my family. To be again associated with Raghavendra sir was such a delight. I believed that my learning curve would immensely be helped by this opportunity to work abroad. I had complete faith in Raghavendra sir and knew for sure he only had my best interests when he called me work along with him. The 2 years I spent under Raghavendra sir @ Esma has gone a long way in polishing my career. He stood by me when I was down and out and backed my abilities to the hilt. This unwavering confidence he posed in me made me deliver levels of results which startle me today.

It was unfortunate when I decided to call it quits in the early half of 2005. The reasons were a combination of many factors and thoughts. Whatever I achieve in my life as a sales guy, Raghavendra sir’s mentorship and guidance would have a huge say in it. Sir, I wish we could work sometime together again. I seek to benefit from your association and learn from you nuances of professional and personal success. Thank you sir for whatever you have done for me. You are my “Godfather”. Wish there more mentors like you available………..

Comments

Mysorean said…
God Bless Raghavendra Sir.

Would be privileged if I could also meet with him sometime!
KP said…
God indeed will bless Raghavendra Sir. He has been good to many a people. I am one of those who have been privileged to get his largesse. When he is in bangalore next, i will surely try and get you to meet him.

Popular posts from this blog

80 is the new 40 - C'mon Pops, my evergreen hero :)..

Can we be the voice of the Poor & Needy?

25th March 2020 – Unique Ugadi (Covid-19 ke side effects 😊)