Relationships that last forever - KASS

Year 1997: I joined the “Royal Mech” Branch @ NIE, Mysore. It was a dream come true for me to be @ NIE. My dad had graduated from the very same college as Mechanical Engineer 34 years ago and my doddappa (Dad’s elder brother) had graduated a few years prior to dad from NIE. Then there were instances of many of my relatives having graduated from this prestigious institute. It was great to be back in Mysore after my 5 years stint @ Sri Ramakrishna Vidyashala.

NIE is the place where I made friendships which have stood the test of time and have only matured into a special blend with each passing day. The best blend of the lot is and will be “KASS – KP, Adi, Shastri & Sam”. Sam & I were hostel mates (KSS hostel, Jayanagar) and being mechies we just had to get together. Sam knew Adi from the CET counseling days and to our luck we found Adi also to be a fellow mechie. Shastri was Adi’s hostel mate at Bettadapura Sanketi Hostel. It was as though destiny had brought us together.

Our friendship also had its share of initial conflicts where in there were clash of interests. Our relationships went through many evolutions before it became a bond forever. Things turned our way during the later half of our Second Year of Engineering. By the 5th Semester, we all knew we had something really special happening amongst us. There was camaraderie and synergy like never before. Being project mates also helped strengthen the bond amongst us. We were together @ movie halls, playing cricket and studying together. By the time we completed engineering in 2001, each one of us knew despite the different destinies we pursue we still will be together. Touch wood, today a decade since we met, we still are as close to each other as we were during our engineering days. I guess Adi, Sam & Shastri would suggest we are more strongly bonded and knitted than before.

How did this relationship influence me and add value??? It’s a question which takes me to those dark times that I faced in my first 2 years of engineering. I had lost focus. I was down and out. I did not what had stuck me. To put it straight, my academic career was in total shambles. There were only 2 ways I saw for myself – to fight it out and make a life for myself / let the slide continue and let my career into oblivion. Adi, Shastri & Sam made me choose the first option. Whatever I am today, I owe it to them. They were there, when I needed them the most. They gave me the confidence that I could rise above and come up in life. No words can describe what levels of motivation and lift I got from their companionship.

Long Live KASS!!!!!

Comments

Unknown said…
Man! I miss those days KP.

I miss NIDWFLS with GM, I miss playing Cricket, I miss bunking classes everyday, I miss everything!

If only we could change time!
Unknown said…
By the way,
its me Sam, I use these alias for some special purposes! :)
Mysorean said…
If I say what I want to say I will only be repeating what Sam has said.

Regarding what happened in Engg days w.r.t you it is just because you had it in you to succeed and have made it today to where you are solely on what you are. You have the single-minded dedication to achieve what you want and you go ahead and do it. It is something that I try to learn from you every single time.

To compare would be unfair because life looks like given to me on a platter when I look at you and Sam. I admire the way you fight everytime the odds are against you. I just find it such an enriching experience to have been with you all these years watching you grow and that helps me grow too.

As a person even i would attribute what I am today to you, sam and sha. I don't think there is any difference among us on that point.

The amazing thing is that despite so many changes and all that stuff happening in our lives time and again we have gone through everything together and never have we ever thought of anybody else replacing our places in each others' lives.

If ever God asks me what I want in my next life, I will just choose to be with the three of you forever.

I know I got emotional while writing this, but this is the truth.
KP said…
hey sam....i also miss the NIDWFLS with GM and other stuffs....wish sam we could rewind and go back to those old times once again!!! by the way whats this kaizoku maga?

Popular posts from this blog

80 is the new 40 - C'mon Pops, my evergreen hero :)..

Can we be the voice of the Poor & Needy?

25th March 2020 – Unique Ugadi (Covid-19 ke side effects 😊)