Relationships that last forever - WebEx.....

Year 2005: Back from Abu Dhabi I joined WebEx Communications. Its here I met people who have made me mature as a human being and also a Sales Guy. If my first two jobs were all about all out aggression and in the face kind of attitude, this job has taught me how I could channelise my aggression better.

I was mentored by Rejenish (my current Sales Manager). He made me feel comfortable with the job from the first day. I met Sachin and we instantly hit off (given Sachin’s parents were also in dubai). The Dubai connection worked well. Sachin and I had similar likes and dislikes. It did not take longer for us to bond well. Ravi was an elusive sales guy then. He hardly spoke to me. I still don’t know why I never felt comfortable with Ravi to begin with. He was this larger than life figure for all of us, as he was a sales guy on the roll getting large accounts to sign off with us. It was only after the first gundu party I attended that I got close with Ravi.

Anurag (he no longer is with us) brought in enthusiasm that spurred we older souls to catch pace with. A really good guy who molded himself into a great sales guy @ WebEx. Anurag, it was great mentoring you man. Trust me, I have learnt more from you than you might have had from me. Arvind was this polished sales guy. The day I saw him first, I knew he was cut out for great success @ WebEx. He seemed the most ready of the lot. A warm hearted guy, he brought in new dimensions of thought in the team. We needed innovative thinkers and Arvind certainly was one. Arvind, the interaction with you has been one to cherish with. Ashish (no longer with us) was a person with extremes. He would be up and running one day and would be down and out the other. I learnt being persuasive from Ashish. Thanks buddy, I wish you luck in your future endeavors. Prijesh is this affable guy, who has got the great ability to keep humour coming at even the darkest of times. I have learnt to smile at all times from you Prijesh. Request you to read my earlier posts to know more about Prijesh.

Sachin’s liking for perfection in whatever he did was a quality I imbibed in my life too.

Ravi’s never give up attitude both at work and home has made me look up to him as a big brother for advice.

Rejenish’s quality to put you at ease in the first meeting is something that I have tried hard to incorporate in my life, though with limited success.

A great team @ work. The results are there for everyone to see. Last few Quarters have been tough for the team. With key members leaving, and the base of our relationships questioned it’s been tough going. I just hope and pray things at the end of the day work out and we are back to our performing best. If things don’t work out, it would be sad to see a golden era for Sales Team @ Bangalore come to an end. It is not that the world would come to standstill, but things won’t be the same with key parts of the puzzle missing.

What can I say about Kiran, Sandeep & Dinesh (our directors)???

I am too less a human to even write about them. They brought the concept of Audio Conferencing to India and revolutionized businesses in India.

I have learnt being immaculate from Kiran. Have tried real hard, but with limited success.

Sandeep brings passion, enthusiasm and customer focus to the table. Sandeep, have learnt how to balance between enthusiasm and sanity from your.

Dinesh, my interaction has been very limited. He makes things work under the toughest of circumstances.

Comments

Mysorean said…
It is not everyday that you get to see people appreciating people around them. Good writing kp! Keep it going!
KP said…
thanks adi...i wish i could mentor somebody to the levels that raghavendra sir has mentored me....if i were to do just 10 percent of what he did for me,i will consider myself lucky indeed!!!
KP said…
thanks adi...i wish i could mentor somebody to the levels that raghavendra sir has mentored me....if i were to do just 10 percent of what he did for me,i will consider myself lucky indeed!!!

Popular posts from this blog

80 is the new 40 - C'mon Pops, my evergreen hero :)..

Can we be the voice of the Poor & Needy?

25th March 2020 – Unique Ugadi (Covid-19 ke side effects 😊)