Failure: An Unknown Friend & A Known Foe (Preface)

Failure is often looked down upon and admonished. We from a young age are asked to pursue success without being guided on how to handle or overcome failures when we face them.
We are all told that we must stay away from failure. For failure symbolizes being inferior instilling deep sense of fear in many of us.
What we are not told is, Failure is a certainty, just like death is! We will fail more often than we succeed. For the fear of failure or death, would we stop trying or living? Absolutely no way!
We fail many a times in our personal and professional lives only to get up the next day to fight it out. Sometimes the battles are within and sometimes they are outside.
Yours truly, from a very young age has failed more often than he has tasted success in his personal and professional life. I have tried running away/hiding/confining myself at the sight or thought of failure. No way, this helped in allaying the fear of failure. The realization that would dawn upon me every time, was to get myself up, acknowledge my failure, embrace it, learn from it and move ahead.
Over a period of time, I did realize that “Failure was an Unknown Friend and a Known Foe”. A constant companion, who would test my skills, my mind and my action. A mirror in which I could look in to know who I was and who I can be. An angel guarding over and helping me learn.
Failure is probably least discussed or spoken about. I would by this medium bring about some of my failures that have helped me grow. I would like to keep this absolutely light and demystify failure as a demon.
The intent is to have each one of us introspect, pen down our failures and our success stories stemming out of these failures. This way we could create a larger community of people who are more empathetic towards failures in today’s competitive time and age. You could share your story/stories, or you could just empathize and help somebody emerge from a failure.
We should have more of:
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts – Winston Churchill
Than
Success has many fathers, but failure is an orphan
Here is 3 Cheers to Failures that helps us succeed 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

80 is the new 40 - C'mon Pops, my evergreen hero :)..

Can we be the voice of the Poor & Needy?

25th March 2020 – Unique Ugadi (Covid-19 ke side effects 😊)